A Motor Vehicle Accident Attorney Can Handle the Details of Your Case
Each year, thousands of Colorado residents are seriously injured or killed in traffic-related crashes. In many cases, another driver’s negligence or reckless behavior is to blame, leaving the victim and family to cope with pain, disability, and devastating losses. If you are in this situation, an experienced motor vehicle accident attorney can help you seek monetary compensation. With offices in Denver and Colorado Springs, CO, Vigil & Alford attorneys work hard to prove liability and obtain the best possible settlement or award for you.
If you or a loved one have been the victim of a vehicular accident of any kind, please contact our firm as soon as possible to speak to a lawyer.
About Colorado Motor Vehicle Accidents
Colorado’s roads seem to get busier every year and are increasingly populated by drivers from a number of other states. Newcomers and visitors are often unfamiliar with our traffic laws and may not be used to Colorado's volatile weather patterns. Therefore, it is not surprising that Denver area traffic injuries and fatalities have been on the rise in recent years.
According to government statistics, 546 people were killed in Colorado traffic incidents in 2015, including car, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents. Victims of motor vehicle accidents or surviving family members are often also entitled to catastrophic injury or wrongful death compensation.
As of 2003, Colorado is one of twelve states that follow a comparative 50 percent bar rule, which means that an injured party can collect compensation if another party is at least 50 percent at fault for an accident. The state also allows for punitive damages in particularly grievous cases of wrongdoing.
Because degree of fault is important to any case, it is crucial to involve an experienced attorney who will thoroughly investigate and represent your interests. It is advisable to seek counsel before providing statements to insurance representatives, who will naturally seek to protect the interests of the firm. We strongly encourage you to seek medical attention as soon as possible following an accident, regardless of how minor your initial injuries may seem.
Each year, thousands of Colorado residents are seriously injured or killed in traffic-related crashes. In many cases, another driver’s negligence or reckless behavior is to blame, leaving the victim and family to cope with pain, disability, and devastating losses.
Representation by Vigil & Alford
Our attorneys, Jimmy Vigil and Kim Alford Everette, have many years of experience with all types of motor vehicle accidents with a favorable record of results for past clients. We work strategically to negotiate a settlement, and if need be, we are always prepared to take a case to court.
Vigil & Alford represents plaintiffs involved in:
- Car accidents: The most common type of motor vehicle accident, car collisions cause the highest number of injuries and deaths.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycle riders are especially vulnerable to permanent injury, such as a traumatic brain injury, and death in a traffic accident. Accidents are often the fault of a car operator, but insurance companies may try to blame the biker. A lawyer can help you navigate the unique Colorado motorcycle laws and help you gain compensation if you are injured in an accident.
- Trucking Accidents: When an oversized commercial truck is involved, a roadway accident can result in catastrophic injury. These incidents require special investigation and should be handled by an experienced attorney who is knowledgeable about trucking regulations.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Crosswalk and other pedestrian accidents occur more frequently than many people realize. When struck by a car, a pedestrian often suffers severe or fatal injuries.
- Bicycle Accidents: Bicycling is popular among adults and children, and bicycle accidents are increasingly more common.
- Boating Accidents: With more than 2,000 lakes and reservoirs, Colorado is home to many boating enthusiasts. Too often, use of alcohol and other impaired operation can cause serious injuries and fatalities.
- ATV Accidents: Well over 100,000 people are injured in ATV accidents every year, many of them under the age of 16. ATV accidents can be the result of negligence or may involve product liability.
- Train Accidents: A lawyer can help you determine the cause of a train accident, establish liability, and collect damages for the often catastrophic injuries that can result from a train accident.
Contact Our Firm
You should not try to handle a serious accident alone. While you recover from your injuries, our attorneys can handle all of your case details. For legal counsel and representation, please call our Colorado Springs office at (719) 632-4333 or our Edgewater office at (303) 756-9935. You can also contact us online. Se habla español.
“By submitting this message, I understand that no attorney-client relationship is established or created. I further understand that no such attorney-client relationship will exist unless a written agreement is reached between myself and an authorized attorney from Vigil & Alford, PLLC.”