Recover Damages with the Help of a Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Bicyclists have far less bodily protection than those driving or riding in cars and trucks. Whether a negligent motorist or poorly paved road causes injury to a bicyclist, the consequences can be severe. An experienced bicycle accident attorney at Vigil & Alford, PLLC in Denver, CO, can help you secure maximum compensation to cover your medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses. If another party's negligence has caused you injury while riding a bicycle, reach out to our offices today to schedule a free consultation with attorneys Jimmy Vigil and Kim Alford Everette. You can also call our offices in Denver (303-756-9935), Colorado Springs (719-632-4333), or Castle Rock (303-756-9935).
Causes of Bike Accidents
In a crowded city such as Denver, it is especially important that everyone stay alert on the road. However, human error in one form or another is virtually inevitable. In fact, it accounts for more than 90 percent of all traffic accidents. The fallout of these accidents can be devastating, especially for bicyclists. Some of the most common causes of bike accidents include:
- Distracted driving – Distracted driving includes the use of a cell phone, conversing with passengers, adjusting the stereo, and any other activity that diverts a driver’s attention away from the road. If distracted for even a moment, tragedy can occur. Distracted drivers can run through stop lights, veer into the bicycle lane, or fail to recognize the presence of a bicyclist before turning into their path.
- Speeding – No matter where you are, driving above the speed limit is dangerous and unlawful. In a crowded city, speeding can be especially dangerous. Speeding gives drivers less time to react, which can result in devastating injuries to bicyclists.
- Driving under the influence – The consumption of alcohol or drugs compromises a driver's judgment and reaction time, which can have fatal consequences for bicyclists.
The fallout of vehicle accidents can be devastating, especially for bicyclists.
Bike Accident Injuries
Common bicycle accident outcomes include:
Building a strong case requires gathering as much evidence as possible and presenting the evidence in a way that can convince a jury where responsibility lies, or lead to a fair settlement. This evidence often includes police reports, witness statements, and pictures of your bicycle and of the accident scene. Attorneys Jimmy Vigil and Kim Alford Everette can also use this evidence to illustrate the extent of losses such as:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
Without an attorney, it can be incredibly difficult to gather and present this information in a way that can help you to receive maximum compensation. Although you may feel that it is absolutely clear who is at fault, the defendant will likely hire an attorney who will go to great lengths to prove that you were partially or completely at fault for your injury. If you have been injured while riding a bicycle, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney as soon as you have received medical attention. Meanwhile, do not speak to anyone representing the other party, such as insurance adjusters.
Contact Us to Learn More
To schedule a free case review, please send us an online inquiry or call one of our offices in Denver (303-756-9935) or Colorado Springs (719-632-4333). You can also arrange a consultation at our satellite office in Castle Rock by calling (303) 756-9935.
“By submitting this message, I understand that no attorney-client relationship is established or created. I further understand that no such attorney-client relationship will exist unless a written agreement is reached between myself and an authorized attorney from Vigil & Alford, PLLC.”