Understanding Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Following a serious accident, you may have little or no recollection of the events which led to your collision. However, determining the cause of an accident is an important factor in establishing who is liable for paying the damages. Personal injury attorneys Jimmy Vigil and Kim Alford Everette are familiar with the common causes of motorcycle accidents and can examine the evidence, interview witnesses, and recreate the incident to help build your case. We have three practice locations to help clients in Edgewater, Castle Rock, and Colorado Springs, CO. Consultations are complimentary, and we encourage you to contact us online or call us at (303) 756-9935 to review your case.
In some cases, motorcycle accidents are due to poorly maintained roads.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
While every case is unique, there are some common causes of accidents. This is especially true with motorcycle accidents, where the distinctive features must be taken into consideration. The most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Defective parts: Poorly designed or manufactured motorcycles can lead to devastating injuries. For the sake of victims and potential future riders, manufacturers must be held accountable.
- Poorly maintained roads: Roads riddled with potholes or slick driving surfaces create unstable and unsafe driving conditions. In some cases, a victim may be able to hold a construction company or other agency accountable for lack of proper roadway care.
- Cars turning left: In the path of a motorcycle, cars turning left present dangerous riding conditions for the cyclist. It is difficult to spot a motorcycle in a blind spot, causing many drivers to turn into the path of a motorcycle. This can be due to inattention or neglect, which is cause for seeking damages against the negligent driver.
- Driver error: Distracted driving, speeding, reckless driving, and driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol are also leading causes of motorcycle accidents. According to a study by the National Highway Transit Authority, 43 percent of all fatal motorcycle accidents can be attributed to alcohol.
Our lawyers can help determine the cause while you focus on your recovery.
Our team of lawyers knows how to establish the cause of your accident, build your case, and secure the maximum compensation possible.
Why Establishing Cause Is Important
Determining the cause of an accident allows our legal team to establish who is liable for paying damages. Damages include the costs of medical care, but may also include compensation for:
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- The costs of future care or rehabilitation
- Funeral expenses, in the case of a fatality
If the particularly reckless actions of another driver led to your accident, you may be eligible to pursue punitive damages.
Start Pursuing Justice Today
Our team of lawyers knows how to establish the cause of your accident, build your case, and secure the maximum compensation possible. Throughout our careers, we have recovered millions of dollars for our clients. If you have been in a motorcycle accident, we can help. To make an appointment for your complimentary consultation, contact us online or call us at (303) 756-9935.
“By submitting this message, I understand that no attorney-client relationship is established or created. I further understand that no such attorney-client relationship will exist unless a written agreement is reached between myself and an authorized attorney from Vigil & Alford, PLLC.”