The Cause of a Truck Accident Affects Your Compensation
Personal injury lawyers Jimmy Vigil and Kim Alford Everette, serving Edgewater, Castle Rock, and Colorado Springs, CO, have the resources to determine the causes of truck accidents. The cause of the accident will determine which party or parties are responsible for your losses. Liability in a trucking accident can belong to the driver, truck owner, leasing company, parts manufacturer, or the company that loaded the truck. To schedule your complimentary consultation, call us at (303) 756-9935 or contact us online.
Driver Error and Other Causes
A 2007 study by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration identified the most common causes of trucking accidents as:
- Driver error: The truck driver is often responsible for the accident due to inattention, following too closely, incorrect lane changes, speeding, driving while intoxicated, inexperience, or improperly loading the truck.
- Defective parts: Brakes and tires must be functional and in good condition when large trucks transport heavy loads. Defective or improperly maintained parts can easily result in a truck accident.
- Company error: In some cases, the trucking company itself may be to blame if it provides inadequate training, fails to abide by safety standards, allows fatigued drivers to take the wheel, or fails to properly maintain trucks.
Every case is unique, and there may be other factors that contribute to your accident. Our attorneys can examine the evidence, review road conditions, and talk to witnesses to accurately determine the cause of your losses. We will then use this information to create a compelling case on your behalf. If a settlement cannot be reached with the negligent party, we are not afraid to take your case to court.
We are prepared to investigate every detail of your case to identify negligence on the part of truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and others.
A lawyer can establish who is at fault for your accident.
Why Choose Us?
Our team goes to great lengths to accurately determine the cause of your accident. We will meticulously review the facts, interview witnesses, visit the scene of the accident, and review trucking regulations to recreate the accident and determine the cause. Several factors set us apart from other firms, including:
- Our three convenient locations, which make legal representation easily accessible
- Our willingness to come to your home, hospital, or scene of the accident to discuss your case
- Free consultations
We are a firm that has helped personal injury victims recover millions of dollars in compensation. The fallout of a truck accident can be catastrophic. Trust your case - and your future - to a firm prepared to pursue maximum restitution on your behalf.
Call Us for Help
Proving fault in a truck accident injury case is essential, and our firm can determine which party or parties contributed to your losses. We are prepared to investigate every detail of your case to identify negligence on the part of truck drivers, trucking companies, manufacturers, and others. To book your free consultation, call us at (303) 756-9935 or submit an online contact form.
“By submitting this message, I understand that no attorney-client relationship is established or created. I further understand that no such attorney-client relationship will exist unless a written agreement is reached between myself and an authorized attorney from Vigil & Alford, PLLC.”